Terms and Conditions
Jane Sigsworth is committed to providing force-free training and behaviour advice grounded in the science of how animals learn. We primarily deal with inter-dog social skills and play behaviour, although from time to time, other areas of dog guardianship and behaviour are covered, as appropriate.
Aggression towards people – If your dog has previously exhibited, or you are concerned that your dog may exhibit aggression towards people, this service, and information on the website, and its derivatives, are not appropriate for you and your dog or circumstances. It is strongly advised that you consult a veterinarian and the help of a professional trainer or behaviourist who can work in-person with you and your dog.
Aggression towards other dogs – If your dog exhibits aggression towards other dogs, has injured, or you are concerned that they will injure another dog, your dog must wear a muzzle in any circumstances where they are likely to encounter other dogs. It is strongly advised that a muzzle training programme is followed to ensure that your dog is comfortable wearing a muzzle prior to its use.
By using this website, its derivatives or any services provided you are confirming that your dog has not exhibited, or you do not have concerns that your dog will exhibit aggression towards people, or has, or will cause injury to another dog.
Aggression is defined as attacks, attempted attacks or threats of attack by one individual directed at another individual. It may but not exclusively include snarling, growling, lunging, snapping and biting behaviour.
We advise that your dog is covered by Third Party Liability insurance.
These Website Terms and Terms and Conditions referred to as this “Agreement” governs your use of our website, www.janesigsworth.com, (the “Website”), derivatives on other platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, and your relationship with Jane Sigsworth, all of which may also be referred to as the “site”, “we”, “us” or “our”. Please read these terms carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. By using any services, you acknowledge that you have reviewed all terms of such services and agree to be bound by them.
Please also see our Privacy and Data Protection Policy for information about how we collect and use your personal data.
The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains and derivatives, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Jane Sigsworth, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Jane Sigsworth and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Jane Sigsworth and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
This Website and its derivatives offer general information regarding social interactions and play behaviour between dogs. It also offers personalised advice, and or personal plans for training and behaviour modification regarding the social interactions and play behaviour between dogs, only upon the confirmation of receipt by Jane Sigsworth of a fully completed Play and Social Skills Questionnaire.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- By providing any content for distribution by us (such as photographs and video) you expressly grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable licence to use, copy, store, perform, display and distribute such content.
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Jane Sigsworth, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- print one copy of the Content
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Jane Sigsworth.
- We are not veterinarians. We strongly recommend that before commencing any training or behaviour modification that you first consult a veterinarian. This is particularly the case if you have observed a sudden change in your dog’s behaviour.
- We have no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any training or behaviour modification techniques on a medical condition.
- You acknowledge that there is always some unavoidable risk of injury when working with animals, especially animals with behavioural issues. You acknowledge that dogs can e inherently difficult to control and that not all dogs will be under control at all times, resulting in the possibility of injury to you, your dog, your family members or third parties.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner;
- no content or references advocating the use of positive punishment, or equipment that is intended to cause pain, fear or avoidance is allowed.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you upon sign up or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when signing up by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your subscription or membership with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your subscription at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website and service.
- This website and the information contained in it is provided for information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
- Without prejudice to the generality of any other clause contained in this disclaimer, we make no warranties or representations that the information on this website:
- a) is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading; and
b) is right for You.
Jane Sigsworth does not offer any refunds as this is a package or subscription product, but you may cancel future subscriptions at any time via email.
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Jane Sigsworth or that of our affiliates.We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and Disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Jane Sigsworth makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of the information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Jane Sigsworth is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Jane Sigsworth uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Jane Sigsworth accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Jane Sigsworth reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Jane Sigsworth accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Jane Sigsworth (nor any of its employees, agents or representatives), is engaged in rendering medical advice, nor does it (or any of its employees, agents or representatives) hold itself of out as qualified to do so.
- We strongly recommend that you seek veterinary advice before embarking on any training or behaviour modification programme.
- You must be aware of and adhere to the laws of the jurisdiction where you are employing any of the information obtained from this website. No claim or inference is made that any information provided is lawful in any area or location.
- Any training or behaviour modification programme or interactions with dogs, even in physically and/or behaviourally healthy individuals or those that have never exhibited any aggression, carries an inherent risk. You have a responsibility to use your own personal judgment, as well as any other considerations, before acting on any of the content provided by us.
- Where we provide you with personalised advice, the information contained therein should not be regarded as or relied upon as being a comprehensive training or behaviour modification programme. Accordingly, any actions that you take in relation to personalised advice should not be pursued regardless or to the exclusion of other information, opinions, laws or judgments that are available to you.
- Any personalised advice will have been prepared based on information provided by you. You are responsible for the accuracy of any information that you provide to us. You are responsible for informing us of your dog’s medical, social and behavioural history, or any concerns that you have when asking us for personalised advice.
- Before taking any action in relation to personalised advice, you must take into account any other factors apart from the personalised advice of which you are or ought to be aware.
- The information set out in personalised advice or any Personal Plan may relate to certain contexts and may not be suitable in other contexts. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not use the information we provide in the wrong context.
- You are responsible for informing us of your dog’s medical, social and behavioural history when asking us for personalised advice or to prepare a Personalised Plan.
- Any information that we provide that does not form part of personalised advice or a Personal Plan, whether obtained through our website, e-book, video course, social media (such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) or otherwise, is provided for general information only.
- For most people, following our programmes and methods will lead to desired results, the success of any training and behaviour plan is subject to several factors. Results will be affected by the effort and commitment of the guardian, as well as any genetic predisposition and prior learning of the dog. We, therefore, provide no warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to:
- the effectiveness of any techniques, advice, plans or programmes that we deliver; or
- the results that you may achieve as a result of following our programmes.
- All testimonials contain shown on our website or in our content are real people who have followed the plans provided by us. For the avoidance of any doubt, however, they are not indicative of the results that you are likely to achieve, rather they are included as examples of the results that particular individuals have achieved.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You can contact Jane Sigsworth by email at firstname.lastname@example.org